Wednesday, September 16, 2009

it's a hard blog life


Recently, I've been looking at other people's blogs to help me see what fellow bloggers look for in a blog page. I've noticed that most of them are people who sell items that they have made. Some even share there drawings, photographs, and poems with others. Even though my blog doesn't have all of those creative aspects, my blog has something that most others blogs don't: stories about my life. Now I'm not saying that people should flock to my blog to read about my life but everyone likes to know that someone out there visits their site. I'm not the kind of person who follows a lot of blogs and tells others to follow mine but it seems like this is the best kind of advertisement for this site. It's difficult for me to blog because there is only so much I have to blog about or would reveal to the public. I have thought about sharing some of my stories and poems with others on the site. I can even say I've thought about posting some of my songs I wrote a while ago. The problem with this is that I'm my biggest critic and I happen to think I'm not very creative. I can't draw or write or design things which is fine with me because it's not what I choose to do. Although, I would like to be able to sew and create these unique items that I wish I'd see in stores. Sadly, I'm not a homemaker which is what the sterotypical image of women use to be. I can't cook or sew but I can clean rather well when I take the time to. The only thing I've sewn right are those little dot to dot pictures my elementary class would connect with string on the holidays. I can't cook from scratch but I can follow detailed instructions for cooking meals. Anyways, the point of this blog is make others aware that I know I don't have much to look at on my blog. I know that people out there would much rather read about fictional stories than real life experiences when it comes to blogs. Unless someone lives a really exciting life, others really don't want to read about the daily activities of a regular person. For the sake of my blog, I will try something different and see if that gets the attention of others. I will post a story that I had to write for an English class. If people like the semi-creative side instead of the regular opinionated side, then I will post more creative things in the future. The story will be on the next post I make. I hope this will let me know what I can offer to the blogging community. Thanks for your time.

3 comments:

Pattie said...

HEY!
Your life is plenty interesting, you just have to make it sound as interesting as it is :)

I think you should stick to your usual guns, but just blog a little bit more often blog about your thoughts a lot of people do!

The craft world of blogging is only one side, and I think you would fit in the sort of "dear diary" side or more say....dear readers :)

teriann88 said...

Thank you for the comment. I do enjoy writing about what I know. It's just that I have had the blog for a while and my followers are a little low. I don't know what to do to improve my ratings.

teriann88 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.