Saturday, February 12, 2011

how i've changed

Hello again!
As I promised, I'm here to post another blog. I know, exciting right? Well I'm about to go to bed but I thought I'd sit up and update my profile. It needed to be completely redone but I decided to stick with what I have. I did change my background which took some serious Internet searching to find one I liked. I'm not thrilled about the tiling factor but I do like the overall look of the design. I'll probably change it again though. Other than that, I updated my old pictures. The ones I had were from 2009-2010 so I needed to change those. Since I took those pictures, I had a haircut and I have managed to keep it short. I prefer it the way it is now because its easier to manage. I don't style my hair except for what I can pull back into a pony tail or pig tails. As far as style, I ditched the "sporty comfort" style, so to say. I now wear long, dressy shirts and sweater dresses over jeans. I try to buy shirts that don't have logos or childish patterns on them. Not that anything is wrong with advertising expensive brand names or wearing "emo, punk" patterns. It's just that I'm almost 23 and to be honest, some styles are meant to be left in high school. So other than that, my fashion style hasn't changed much. Besides fashion, of course I watch a lot of television and tons of movies. Since I work mostly nights, there really isn't anything to do besides watch television or sleep in on work days. I watch the same shows as listed on my profile. Except for a few new shows that have caught my attention, thank you Joseph. For instance, I recently started watching TrueBlood and I really like it. I also like watching Dexter, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, The Ricky Gervais Show, and a few others that my darling fiance watches. Which to be honest, again, he watches almost anything and he can quote or paraphrase most of what he watches. My movie interests are the same as they were in 2009 except now I can watch ones with actors/actresses I don't favor. As far as music, I have begun to listen to music genres I really didn't pay attention to before. For example, I listen to 94.1, 99.7, and 97.9 on my way to work when I'd use to just listen to 96.1. The stations I listen to now have techno/dance, pop/rock, and r&b artists that I've began to favor. Lady Gaga, Taio Cruz, Bruno Mars, BoB,Ke$ha, Rihanna, and Katy Perry are a few artists I listen to now. Overall, I can say that I've opened up my interests to more than just horror and rock genres. I'm definitely more open minded when is comes to the people I interact with as well. Before, I wouldn't allow myself to be in the company of people who smoked cigarettes or who drank alcohol. Since I met my fiance, I've learned to be more accepting of people who do things I wouldn't do. He has really taught me to look past the differences between someone else and myself. This has allowed me to be more tolerable and understanding about the decisions other people make. Which in turn, made me less paranoid about being around people who I thought were negative influences. I'd say, with confidence, that meeting Joseph was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. He has made a major contribution into making me a better person. Now, I have to give credit to God and his righteous son Jesus for being my main support and motivation through life. Without religion, I'm sure I wouldn't have the strength to overcome obstacles or the determination to keep moving on a positive path. But that's a conversation for another post, if it becomes a topic at all. Well it's getting pretty early in the morning and I should try to get some rest. Sadly, I'm not very tired so it could take 30 minutes for sleepiness to take over my eyelids. Anyways, I'm going to log off the magical Internet and go to bed. Where my loving and adoring fiance is passed out from cough medicine. Unfortunately, my love has caught a cold and hasn't felt well for the past four days. On the same note, my caring and understanding mother is also under the weather, so to say. Later on today Joseph and I will have to drive about 45 minutes to see her. I also have to get my work schedule and pay check on the way there. So at least I'll have some outdoor air in my lungs on my day off. Well I must not break my promise to my brain to give it some well deserved time off. I'll be back to post another blog again soon so don't get too bummed out. Lol. I wish all you blogger people out there a good night/morning!

No comments: