Saturday, February 19, 2011

what i've done

Hello Bloggers!
Well it's been 5 days since my last post and I know you are all excited to read this new one right? Lol. Not too much has happened since Valentine's Day. On the home front, I've been feeling ill which is no fun for anyone. I have plans to see my momma today for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I try to make the trip to see her every 2 weeks but last week I had to cancel because of sickness. Hopefully I can see her today because I do miss her and  I have to get some important information for college. With the summer semester staring in only a few months, time is sure to pass by quickly and leave me feeling unprepared if I don't get my things in order. I'm excited to be going back to school again. Being away from the learning experience is a tough thing especially when it's replaced with the work experience. Work experience not in my field but in the area of a teenager's arena. So this will give me new hope and chance of furthering my career in a more respected field. It stuns me that I have been kept away from the experience I want since I graduated from my last college in 2009. Instead, I have been living the life of a more responsible adult and working to make a living. Which is the most responsible role I've had my entire life. As for the rest of the day, my fiance and I will probably wind up going to the grocery store for some much needed supplies. Then it's back to the house for some relaxation before another day at work. On the work front, my very dear friend departed from the business and will sadly not be returning. He was given his marching papers due to some unavoidable back stabbing by a fellow employee. It won't be long before this person decides to eliminate the rest of the competition by giving them the same fate. I can't say I dislike this person entirely, but I would rather avoid unnecessary contact with him/her. I feel the same way about my manager which is not the best thing if I plan on keeping my position. As of this week, two more employees will be leaving for "better" opportunities at another store. I hope this store lasts long enough for the move to be worth it. With the economy the way it is, not many people want to spend tons of money on high priced groceries. So there will be two new employees starting work this week. It looks like I will have to work with them more than I would like. The two people leaving are responsible for working most week day shifts. Without them, I will be left taking the slack and I will have to put faith in the new recruits to do their job. Luckily, I have found a friend in the latest employee and maybe she can take some more hours to eliminate the new people taking over. Unluckily, she has found a second job and might leave the one that offers the least advantages. Lol. I just realized the tone I set for my explanation of the work environment is like that of a sad journey. I have been watching Meerkat Manor of the past few days and I have fallen in heart with the little groups on the show. I guess that explains the way I have worded things. In other news, I received my penguin plush back pack in the mail yesterday. I was surprised at the size of the item because I had imagined it being wider than it is. None the less, I think it's adorable and I'm happy with my purchase. I still have to wait a month or so for my other penguin item: the penguin music pillow. Another flash back to work, I have to purchase some new work pants and some work shoes. The zipper on my jeans is afraid of heights and I can no longer wear them. My shoes must be in need of more oxygen because they have created a breathing hole which allows more water to enter the shoes. I can't say I'm surprised because I've had the same pair of jeans and shoes for over a year. I would have purchased more but I thought they would outlast the reason why I used them. On a more uncertain note, my fiance has been called to take some training courses for Kia Motors and he will have to spend 3 days learning how to do the job. If he passes, then he might get hired and we will have to reevaluate living arrangements. Unless he can cope with driving that distance, we will have to move to a closer city. This might make the commute to school longer and it may be impossible for me to attend school and work at the same time. If this occurs, I will have to find employment at a place closer to school which might not be a negative thing. Well that's all I have to type for now. I apologize for boring you all to tears with my average and unadventurous life. Well, I'm going to log off now and get ready for the days schedule. I'll be back to post again. Have a great day or a good night.

No comments: