Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a day for green


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU BLOGGERS OUT THERE! This is my first post for a holiday on this site. When I think of St. Patrick's Day, I think of the old leprechaun running around like the Lucky Charms icon. People chasing him for his marshmallow cereal and hoping that they will get the prize at the end of the rainbow. I know that this isn't how St. Patrick's Day began because the story of the man who started it all states differently. I think my misconception started when I was little because my elementary school teachers would get together and stage this seasonal event. They would tell the classes to go out to recess and then they would decorate the class rooms. Every inch of every room was covered with gold glitter, green streamers, green and gold balloons, paper four leaf clovers, and green paint in the shape of little footprints. There would be these rainbow clue cards hidden around the room and the students had to go find them then solve the riddle to find the "leprechaun". Once the leprechaun was found, the students would ask him or her for the pot of gold which was really chocolate candies in gold wrappers. Even though this is not an accurate depiction of the true story, I had a lot of fun solving the riddle and getting the chocolate at the end of the "rainbow".

1 comment:

Pattie said...

LOL I forgot what i was about to say lol wow but happy st patricks day ! :)